View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 9:04am   #1
theandies
A Real Barner
Activity: 16.2%

Thanked 1,226 Times in 498 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500
Default I'm feeling much better now!!!

I was at work on the 30th of August (I work the night shift) and went to eat lunch around midnight. I was eating then all of a sudden my right side gut started hurting really bad. It would come and go and only got worse when I went back into the cleanroom (I fix the machines that make all the chips inside your favorite electronic device). I went home and laid on the couch for an hour or so to see if the pain would go away. It didn't. I woke my wife and we went to the emergency room as I thought my appendix had burst or something.
They did a scan and found a 6mm, yes 6mm kidney stone stuck between my right kidney and bladder. My Dr. described it as trying to push Mt. Everest through a garden hose. 6mm is a huge stone. I was actually relieved to hear that it was a kidney stone and not my appendix. I went into surgery a few hours later and they broke it apart and removed it.
After I got home around 6 that evening I tried to pee and a huge blood clot came out instead and my bladder would not empty. I went back to the emergency room complaining that I couldn't pee and only peeing blood. Their solution was to fill me up with saline solution to force me to piss. I couldn't. They sent me home.

When I got home I called my urologists and she said to come in immediately. Next thing I know I'm in surgery again to find the blood clot. She found it and cleaned it up but I had to have a catheter installed to drain any blood and urine and had that thing in for 5 days. Not fun. I went back and had it removed. Everything seemed fine for 24 to 36 hours as far as being able to pee. After that something went bad again (no blood just couldn't pee) and it felt like I was a kid on vacation 50 miles from home having to pee but Dad wouldn't stop. I went back to the my urologists and they "scoped" me and couldn't find anything (prostate looks good) but decided to put another catheter (this one was smaller than the one designed to extract blood) and I had to have that in for a week! UGG. That one was removed last Thursday and I've been able to pee ever since. Now my appetite is back and I feel much better. I do have a stone in the left kidney but it's small, only 2mm and hasn't moved. We are working on a plan to take care of that one in the future. I the mean time I'm adjusting my diet to help prevent future stones.
This is why I've not been posting for a few weeks.
theandies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to theandies For This Useful Post: