Old 09-08-2022, 2:45pm   #62
C3C7NIC
Barn Stall Owner #102
Activity: 15.8%

Thanked 14,238 Times in 4,358 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
I think she needs to break it all down into manageable groups/sub-systems vs one big car restoration or put back together.

Organize ALL the headlight stuff into a pile. Take pics, make list of what is there and what is known missing, compare to AIM. Only headlight stuff. Source parts and let a mobile mechanic install.

Interior - same, find a upholstery shop that will reinstall dash, soft/hard items, top. Let them take care of all that.

Mobile mechanic - how much does he want to tackle? Get it running? Install headlights? Driveshaft? Fuel tank? Lines? Brake system( lines, calipers, booster, cylinders, hoses, etc?) Ignition system (is it timed, HEI ign?, ignition tumbler/keys, tilt/tele rebuild?) Fuel system (tank, lines, pump,carb,filters?) Break each system down into it's own section. Radiator good? Water pump? Hoses? Heater core?

Autobody shop - all outside trim, emblems, windshield trim. Doors, hood, decklid, headlight doors all aligned to correct panel gap.

Electrical - mobile mechanic or shop. All new harnesses. Probably now, while things are easy to access.
All body lines should be perfect. DUB said prior to painting he had all the parts on and off MANY times to ensure that. He was known for his paint /body work so I can only assume that is top knotch.

As far as I can tell, only body work left is buffing out. Decklid has been buffed to mirror surface. All parts need to be put on car door/decklid/hood/bumpers/emblems.

None of interior is done besides the carpet removed and painted rear compartments (we did that before left for NC)

Engine/tranny/suspension/radiator/gas tank/fuel lines should be good but will need tightened down on sus. Parts and aligned. Brake stuff was removed for some reason so that that all needs to be redone.

Headlight ASM are put together/painted but not installed.

I work till Friday so will update better punch list then.

Thank you for the detailed list of things to consider.

Also have a good friend that has a Ford shop and he is going to have a couple corvette experts he knows come by the house to help us understand better where we are.

The hardest parts is not understanding what was/wasn’t completed and why he undid things we already paid to have done.
C3C7NIC is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C3C7NIC For This Useful Post: