Old 08-22-2022, 9:47pm   #333
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 95.7%

Thanked 9,368 Times in 3,854 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLifeinMI View Post
Mazda's trim levels keep getting more confusing every year. Mine is a 2021 model, I have the Grand Touring Reserve trim which is the 2nd from top ("Signature" is (was) top trim). This year, they changed all the designations again, but for your wishlist/must-haves, here is where you are:

AWD - standard on all levels
Keyless entry - standard on all levels
Start/stop - Mazda doesn't incorporate this, so no worries there
AC standard; dual-zone climate on "S Select" trim and above

Other things to note with Mazda:
  • 10.25" infotainment is on all models, but note that it is NOT a touchscreen - it's controlled by a knob on the console. A bit inconvenient, but easy to get used to.
  • LED headlights standard on all models. Adaptive (steerable) lights are on higher trim levels.
  • Most of their safety nannies (BSM, lane departure warning, emergency braking, adaptive cruise) are std across the line.
  • You'll want the turbo - 252HP vs around 185 on NA engine.
Thanks for the info. No start/stop is a dealmaker for me.

I asked GTO Guy on this thread for a forum I could go to get answers for these questions, as a last-ditch attempt to avoid traveling around to all the dealers to find out.

When I started using the online sites about 20 years ago, I thought wow this is great, I can sit in my living room and pick and choose the vehicle I want! What could go wrong?

With EVERY MANUFACTURER'S website being a mess in one way or another from then until today, I've spent more time the past two months looking online in my living room that I would have spent actually going to the dealers.

I will dig into the Mazda some more, thanks again. You guys have been more helpful than anywhere else.

Another question for the ages: Why do ALL manufacturers only offer black, white, some shade of gray/silver -- and if you're lucky maybe one shade of red or blue, sometimes at an extra cost? Decades ago you could get about any color you wanted. Why did this change?

If I was in the business of robbing banks or something, I would want non-descript gray-ish getaway car. Nobody could pick it out from all the other ones.

"Yes I saw him officer, he was in a gray/silver SUV."

"Wow, thanks for that."

I prefer any shade or red or blue over the bland colors. But not all that important in the big scheme of things.
Bruze is offline   Reply With Quote