Old 08-22-2022, 8:07pm   #327
Bruze
A Real Barner
Activity: 99.1%

Thanked 9,704 Times in 4,001 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidLifeinMI View Post
If you want to avoid auto start/stop, want dual zone climate, keyless ignition, AWD, etc. in a mid-size, you might consider either a Mazda CX-5 (CUV) or CX-50 (little more geared for offroad; still no Jeep). Quality has been Toyota/Lexus level for a few years now, and while they still have an old-school 6-speed auto, at least it's not a CVT. 2.0L turbo has decent power, and build quality/interior materials are top rate. I've had a CX-5 for almost a year now, and so far it's been completely flawless.
Ha, well here we go again.

I went to Mazda and built one and throughout the whole process, right to the end, there was no mention of the following -- either standard or optional, unless I missed them:

AC or climate control
Keyless ignition
Start/stop

I'm assuming probably everything today comes with at least intermittent wipers and AC, but no mention of either unless I missed it.

If these multi-billion dollar companies had a brain, the sites would be set up something like this:

Enter car and price range

Enter "must have" items

Enter "cannot have" items.

Click "Search" and it brings up whatever matches those terms, and then you work forward from that point. But NONE OF THEM WORK LIKE THIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: So I go all the way through and search for locally available cars. FINALLY, there is a big list of things the car actually comes with. LINK

It has intermittent wipers and AC.

Also "cylinder deactivation." Didn't they try that in newer Corvettes but dropped it? Don't remember for sure.

Mid-Life-Guy: Does yours have that? Any problems with it?
Bruze is online now   Reply With Quote