Old 08-22-2022, 6:25pm   #321
MidLifeinMI
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $501227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruze View Post
Yes, that's what I meant.

Most gas cars now (as far as I can determine) have it. My buddy's Caddy SUV has it and of course they are ALWAYS ON by default, you have to shut the feature off every time you start it. There are ways of fixing that, but I'm sure your warranty would be invalid then.

Another buddy has a Kia and he says the engine doesn't completely shut down at a light, but it idles so slow that the car shakes. He took it back to the dealer but they told him that was normal, lol. Again, it's on by default every time you start the engine.
If you want to avoid auto start/stop, want dual zone climate, keyless ignition, AWD, etc. in a mid-size, you might consider either a Mazda CX-5 (CUV) or CX-50 (little more geared for offroad; still no Jeep). Quality has been Toyota/Lexus level for a few years now, and while they still have an old-school 6-speed auto, at least it's not a CVT. 2.5L turbo has decent power, and build quality/interior materials are top rate. I've had a CX-5 for almost a year now, and so far it's been completely flawless.
MidLifeinMI is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MidLifeinMI For This Useful Post: