View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 12:05am   #1
Grey Ghost
A Real Barner
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 7,050 Times in 3,110 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $46272
Default DD AC Recharge

DD was blowing warm air in this crazy heat wave this year. Is it just me or has this summer been worse than others?

Anyways, went to O'O'O'Reillys to rent a vacuum pump, gauge set, cans of R134, etc...I've always been told not to mess with the high side unless absolutely a good reason to do so. Hooked up low side and drew a vacuum for about 45 min. Tried to add the R134 and it never would draw it in. I was about to jump down that rabbit hole and convince myself I had a bad compressor, relay, blend doors and whole list of things to frustrate and aggravate me just to try to get some cold air blowing. I screwed around with the low pressure hose for about 15 minutes and found out it wasn't really going down enough to press the schrader valve enough to work correctly. I finally got it mangled enough to work and it took the R134. CRAPPY AZZ LOANER TOOLS about had me chasing my tail, wasting time, money, etc...for a faulty hose.

I was mad for a bit and then realized I don't have to buy/install a compressor or chase non-existent problems. I don't know whether to tell them when I turn it back in or not. The kids behind the counter didn't know a thing about AC service when I went to get the stuff. I asked two or three simple questions they couldn't answer while there. Blank stares and "I don't know".
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote