View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:20am   #1
Munch
Charter Member
Barn Stall Owner #00
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2041885
Default Guess the problem game!

Time for another round of "What's wrong with my car"!

Started to notice a noise coming from the car when I was driving the other day. It sounded like maybe my rear tires were getting to that point, sort of like a faint air raid siren in the distance. I did notice however that if I was going say 50mph and let off the gas the noise stopped and if I just barely touched the throttle it would come back.

Today I took the car out and the noise was more pronounced but seemed to still go away when I let off the throttle. But then I started hearing some intermittent growling noise from the back when I would come to a stop. As I was driving it back home it seemed like the noise would still go away when I let off the throttle but at lower speeds (30-45) it would sometimes pulse.

Tires aren't rubbing (they used to), no leaks anywhere and I changed the trans filter and fluid a couple thousand miles ago. I have a vig 3600 converter and a 3 rib Z06 rear end. I have never done a burn out in the car and I've only down shifted the trans into 1 or 2 a few times going slow down main street so I could sound cooler. Oh yeah, I have about 35k on the car.

I've never had a car where the rear end, trans or wheel bearings went out (I know, I'm not driving them hard enough) so I'm not really sure what to think.

With all that said.... Whatcha think and what could I do to narrow down the possibilities??

Thanks
Munch is offline   Reply With Quote