Old 09-24-2017, 2:39pm   #1
NEED-A-VETTE
Moderatrix
Barn Stall Owner #109
BR Organizer II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '17
Bantayan Kids '13,'15,'17
Activity: 3.2%

Location: Your not a good moderator either, V-A-G. Honestly I find it kind of funny.
Thanked 18,127 Times in 5,356 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $9966256
Default Said goodbye to our little calico today...

18 years old. She's been in the beginning stages of kidney disease for a few years now, which vet said was expected for her age. Arthritis in hips that we've been managing for the last year (limited options due to her kidney disease).

Came home from work on Friday. She attempted to stand up on her blanket and greet me, but couldn't quite do it. She let out a meow that was not a normal sounding meow for her. So, I knew something was wrong.

Observed her for about an hour after work and decided she needed to be checked out. Took her to the ER vet. She was crashing. We were optimistic that we may be able to reverse it. She was down to 3 lbs. They gave her subcutaneous fluids and some meds and we brought her home. We had been hand feeding her and giving her food and water via syringe since.

Unfortunately, she was getting progressively worse and we just couldn't watch her suffer. So, we made an appointment this morning and took her in, where they put her down peacefully. The entire way to the vet - and as she sat on the exam room table - she never cried once.

We were able to be there when she passed, so she was surrounded by familiar faces as they have her the first sedation shot.

Her name was Fatso because (when she was a kitten) she was as wide as she was long. She was a fat, little puff ball. We took her in as a stray when I still lived in Michigan and she came with us to Arizona and California. She and caitlin basically grew up together. She was my companion pretty much every day.

She was with us for 18 loving years and we will miss her.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6605.JPG  

IMG_3662.JPG  

IMG_4526.JPG  

IMG_5408.jpg  

NEED-A-VETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NEED-A-VETTE For This Useful Post: