mrvette
Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,529 Times in 5,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393
Default WTF is with OIL FILTERS???

I have not messed with much in the way of newer cars, thankfully, but wife's daughter/my stepdaughter has a 2011 Corolla Toy, and the the 1.8 liter engine....the oil filter is housed in a permanent aluminum housing on the engine block, and the thing is capped with some stupid black plastic screw on LID, that will not come off, even with the little stupid metal stopper removed, tried the ten buck wrench, talked to a guy at Jiffy Lube and apparently ALL new cars have done the same stupid thing.....just WTF was so RONG with a freeking PH5 oil filter they have to make 500 different filters?? a 5 buck filter is all of a sudden a 45 dollar plastic cap, a 5 buck actual filter element, and a whole lot of grief.......much less the price of this so called ZERO weight synthetic OIL??? 5 quartz for 30 bux???

Just WHAT is this stupid crap supposed to accomplish other than rip off the public??

I see a HUGE market for some smart aftermarket company in making adapters for a PH5 type spin on filter for these stupid assed modern engines...

Filtering OIL takes so much modern engineering already.....
mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote