Barn Stall Owner #16B

NCM Supporter '11,'13
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 13,011 Times in 7,321 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $602908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
I honestly don't understand how someone can believe, with all their heart, that their religion is the only way into the afterlife/heaven/whatever.

Most religions confuse me. On one hand they preach peace, kindness, etc...and on the other they condemn those who don't believe the same thing they do. It's baffling.
It is, indeed, a quandry. A quandry amongst many, many quandries, which is why I stopped believing.

Count me as a lost soul.

No matter; if there is a "true religion," there can only be one since all the ones I have looked at are mutually exclusive, and they all seem to teach that unless you do certain things or believe a certain key philosophy, you cannot be saved. Therefore, the vast majority of everyone who has ever lived, is living now, and will ever live, will be spending an eternity in the hell of the one true religion.

Being the rather lazy person I am, I probably became a nonbeliever just so that I wouldn't have to spend a lot of time and thought examining all of the religions so that I could logically pick the right religion, the one that I felt was the "one true religion."

Sure hope the rest of you picked the right one. You did spend some time examining all of them, right? Eternity is at stake. At least don't just pick the one that your parents chose, because they probably didn't spend a whole lot of time comparing religions before choosing one, either.

See you all in hell.
Sea Six is offline   Reply With Quote