View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 4:55pm   #20
Barry B
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $545

Thank you for the welcome

Never have I SEEN any water there and I see no signs of any corrosion, but will double check.
I will go try this suggestion and follow up shortly with the results.
The ground spot I have been using is below the glove box and to the left where that piece of carpet that always falls down covering 2 pieces of metal is located. I connect the neg probe from the voltmeter to it.
Works great

Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me View Post
Barry, welcome to the forum, and good job on the troubleshooting thus far, you've got it pretty well narrowed down.

What I would do next is tap into that yellow/black wire coming out of the TDR, and connect a jumper wire from it to a verified good ground point. (as I recall, not easy to find in that area...maybe a seat mounting bolt?). Leave everything connected to the TDR as normal.

Now depress the clutch, turn the key and attempt to start the car. This is just a test, not a fix, and all you're concerned with at this point is whether the starter cranks or not.

-If the starter still doesn't turn over, I'd say your TDR is bad.
-If it does crank for this test, then it seems the BCM is inhibiting starting by not switching that yel/blk wire to ground during starting. You've already indicated this may be the case, this just proves it.
If it is the latter, it's possible the engine won't fire and run due to other protection features of the BCM, but you've at least narrowed it down to this. Though I'd think if the BCM were inhibiting start, there'd be other indicators...Security light or BCM codes, not sure.

Have you ever had any water intrusion in the pass. footwell (wet floor), such as from a clogged a/c drain?
Barry B is offline   Reply With Quote