View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 5:59am   #2
Kuelblaz
Barn Stall Owner #72
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1836539

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarcucio View Post
2008 Corvette Vert with 20,000 miles and I have a abnormal parasitic battery draw that kills the battery about every 1 1/2 to 2 days. I am a high school auto technology teacher and can certainly perform a starting/charging system and parasitic draw test but obviously I know I have a draw with a dead battery every 2 days. Sometimes finding the draw can be a pain too. My 3 year/36,000 mile warranty runs out the 24th of this month. What should I do? Check it out first myself or just bring it to the dealership. I hate having someone else work on the car but I would also hate to pay for a PCM or expensive part. Or... have them say that I messed something up. I did the obvious checks like one TSB said to do. Charge battery, get in vehicle. Don't start it. Check to see after 90 seconds if everything goes off (including the Nav) and it does. Can anyone else that had this problem tell me what the cause of their draw was?
I know this is gonna sound obvious, but have you checked the Battery for a short? I recently spent a whole day trying to figure out a similiar problem ... it was the Battery, duh! Sometimes I get wrapped around the wheel with 'diagnosing' the problem and it turns out to be something obvious that I skipped ... and like you, I am a mechanic by trade!

More than that and I'd take it to the dealer, especially since its under warranty. Need to get that kind stuff documented against the VIN. Could be something really simple, but you paid for the warranty, make them figure it out.

Good Luck!!

Kuelblaz is offline   Reply With Quote