69camfrk
Barn Stall Owner #6969
NCM Supporter '11, '12,'17,'20
Activity: 6.1%

Thanked 11,500 Times in 5,024 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1071547

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Those are really neat cars. I worked with a guy that bought one in 2003, and had the opportunity to buy it a number of years ago...I probably should have.

Those motors are significantly different from the standard Ford Modular V8. They are 4 Valve DOHC, versus the 2 Valve SOHC used in the regular GT. Plus I believe they are all aluminum, whereas the GT used a cast iron block and aluminum heads. They have higher compression and I believe the horsepower numbers were actually underated on those.

At any rate, that is a REALLY cool car and it is definitely a collectible. Make sure he takes care of that thing, it's a special one!

Oh, and the interiors are really cool on those. Comfort Weave seats, and retro instrument cluster. COOL!
Those are reasons that I bought it. It has an automatic, which I didn't want, but the price was really good. A fresh paint job, and the car would look new, but even at that, it should appreciate as long as it is kept up. My oldest son has a C5, and he really keeps it up, and has enjoyed having it. Like I said in another post, I don't mind doing things like that for my kids as long as they hold up their end of the deal, which without a doubt they will. Thank goodness they are nothing like me! They would both be driving shit boxes if that were the case!
69camfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 69camfrk For This Useful Post: