View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 6:00pm   #292
WKMCD
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $5852

Just got back from picking up the car at Virginia Speed. The car is a brute. Excellent linear power. A little less chop than before which means VERY little. Thanks to Ed it runs flawlessly. I was really impressed with the return to idle. Perfect every time. This is with a 107mm NW TB. We got stuck in some bumper to bumper traffic and it was no more difficult to drive than any manual transmission.

The Spec 3+ performs great. It has a small "growl" when engaging. Nothing major and I think that will go away with some miles.

We ended up taking some country roads back because the 95 North had 3 of 4 lanes closed. The last hundred miles or so was nice country roads and we got on it a few times. Traction with the 315 PS2 is an illusion through the first 2 and half of 3rd gear. It blows through traction control completely.

All in all, I'm extremely pleased with the way this iteration turned out. A bit schizophrenic. Mild just cruising around and violently quick on the throttle.

BTW: The valve covers are a beautiful Candy Apple Red with the Virginia Speed engraving. They really didn't photograph well above.
WKMCD is offline   Reply With Quote