Barn Stall Owner #84
Barn Raising II,III,IV

NCM Supporter '12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'19,'20,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 4.9%

Thanked 1,754 Times in 824 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $112749

I agree that I do not want the Government, be it Federal, State or Local, telling a business who it has to sell to unless it is the only entity within a 50 mile radius that can provide a specific product.

Now a wedding cake should not fall within that scope and the bakers could have told the gay couple that their beliefs would not permit them to bake the cake. The gay couple chose to make a point by suing the bakery. I want to know if they went to a different bakery for their wedding cake, and if they did, how they were "harmed" by not having a cake cooked by the original bakery. After all, only the artist can place a value on his/her creation.

On the other hand, the bakery would have been smart to make a straight multi-level wedding cake and state that that was the best they could do. That way they would have complied with the law and would not have given the Bureau of Labor and Industries Commissioner Brad Avaking a chance to push a personal agenda.

It also appears that Avaking was not positive that he could win the election and decided not to resign his position as Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industry. Accordingly, the people of Oregon will have to continue with this a**hat until 2019.
GentleBen is offline   Reply With Quote