View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 7:27pm   #7
gmarcucio
Vette Barn nOOb
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $582

I didn't want to disconnect the battery (even with a battery power saver plugged into OBD II connector) because I don't want to give the dealer any reason to point the finger at me and say I was the cause of any electrical component failures from spikes or whatever. The battery has never been disconnected in this car. I just thought I would check the battery with the MicroVat myself before I brought it to the dealer this Thursday. I didn't realize the MicroVAT would give me that message. If I was able to get a battery test and the results were bad battery I was going to call dealer and ask them if they wanted me to replace battery prior to my appointment. Of course if I was going to replace battery at that point I would check and see if draw was still present. I let the car sit overnight and put the MicroVAT back on this morning. I didn't get that message anymore and the battery and alternator both tested good. Now I guess I'll just wait it out and bring to the dealer on Thursday and let them search for the draw.
gmarcucio is offline   Reply With Quote