Chief Electrician
Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 99.0%

Thanked 33,686 Times in 13,644 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Red L98. View Post
My response was just a joke, albeit a bad one. Of course they are people. Having conversations about your crap or taking low level staff for burgers with the press following you around and reporting it is not the same as ivanka tweeting something like goya is good, and essentially, buy their shit. Kellyanne did the same thing saying how wonderful Ivanka’s line is and that she owns some herself. She may have actually said you should buy her shit. I’m no lawyer and I don’t care if they’re locked up or not. They broke the law. That’s it. I shouldn’t have to explain why it’s not ok. You’re a smart dude.

Last post of the night.
Essentially is not exactly and is also subject to interpretation. Mine differs obviously.

If I essentially got a car for nothing, what did it actually cost? How much money is "essentially" nothing? A penny? $500.00?

Again the semantics of intent versus literal meaning tends to be a matter of convenience.

I seriously steer away from people that are swayed by such nonsense in either direction. The people that think Trump wanted people to inject bleach are the same idiots eating Tide pods. The people that think he incited violence, were smashing windows just a few months ago. People who based their votes on tweets. These are fragile, unstable people. I saw Ivanka's actions no different than straightening a crooked picture. With Biden, I saw a car enthusiast. By the LITERAL law, they are both equally guilty, but sensible people understand the intent.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerovette For This Useful Post: