View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 9:13am   #12
erickpl
A Real Barner
Activity: 2.2%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $111433

Not something I'd call a premonition or psychic episode, but had something odd happen the night my mom passed back in April 2018.

We had spent that day caring for her in hospice. She was spitting up things as her body shut down and we knew time was close. She honestly sounded like an old coffee percolator - to this day I cannot hear one without crying. Her biggest fear in life was drowning and here she was drowning in her own fluids. Her eyes were wide and the fear was real for her. We sat her up more and the sounds stopped and her breathing was more relaxed. And she drifted off, and didn't respond most of the rest of the day.

She wasn't coherent, but we sat her side all day, wiping up the stuff she'd spit up. That night about 9:30, she passed with my dad at her side after giving him a hug. Once we tried to get sleep, it came rather fitfully.

I don't know what it was, but I felt like somebody was sitting at the foot of my bed and it woke me up - my wife was asleep next to me. I saw, heard, and felt my mom sitting there in your favorite robe and we talked. I asked her if she was hurting (a little). She said she was terrified that she was going to drown, but happy we recognized what needed to be done and made her comfortable. At that point, she knew she was going to be okay and was able to let go. She told me to take care of my sisters and my dad and not to worry about her - she'll be waiting for us.

After she left, my wife woke up and I couldn't shake what had happened. I asked if she heard or saw anything and she said no. But did say I had to tell my dad. I told him, and I think he thought I was just full of shit and just said it to calm him down. It did help though. He asked me about 6 months later if what I said really happened or just said it to help him.

I still hear her, but mainly when I'm out for a run early in the morning. We have cardinals that visit our yard frequently too.

I still cannot explain it. And I don't care. Somehow, even if it is just my brain pulling my wishes, I still feel my mom's presence is so many ways.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erickpl For This Useful Post: