View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 6:27pm   #6
Slo Yelo C5
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 16.7%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvarapala View Post
College costs are insane these days. When I went to college tuition and housing were reasonable and my dad could just write a check for all those costs - no loans needed. These days it almost doesn't matter what subject you study - you're so far in the hole by the time you graduate that you might never be able to pay off your student loan debt.
While insane (and I squarely blame government "help" for that), it's still semi affordable if you go to a public school.

All the PA public schools (Penn State, Temple, Pitt, and the state schools--West Chester U, Bloomsburg U., etc) are about $15k per year (tuition). Not cheap, but not "completely outrageous", IMO. Especially if you live with your parents so no room/board and meal expenses.

$60k for a useful degree? Not bad. Work even part time for 4 years and I bet you can pay down $30-$40k before you even graduate ($20-$30k total debt). Work full time summers and part time school year (like I did), graduate with ZERO debt (like I did).

It was not easy. But graduating with ZERO debt and a degree and some cash in the bank worked for me.

It doesn't take a genius to execute this plan. Just a student with strong work ethic.
Slo Yelo C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slo Yelo C5 For This Useful Post: