Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.7%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Vette View Post
What kind of business model includes getting rid of your most loyal, tenured subscribers and members ?
Consider this: The OT and PR&C sections are CF's "loss leaders". They may be popular and active sections amongst members, but relatively speaking, those sections generate the site virtually no income, as compared to the generational sections that are loaded with supporting vendors, all of which pay a significant monthly fee for that status. Vendor ad threads aren't even allowed in OT/PR&C.

Over the years, and on multiple occasions, CF Admins have flat-out stated their desire to eliminate the OT and PR&C sections entirely. They consider those forum sections to be a nuisance, more trouble than they're worth to maintain. When you understand this, you'll understand their general attitude towards the members that populate those sections exclusively. They just don't care.

The Vette Barn has been here for over 11 years now, and has served as a popular respite for those banned from Corvetteforum. Trust me, we've experienced and heard the identical complaints from every disgruntled member ejected from that place. There's easily several hundred members here that have "been there, done that" prior to you, many of which are banned from CF permanently.

You can try going higher up and complaining to IB, you certainly won't be the first to do so, but I can tell you right now arguing with a wall is apt to produce identical results. Internet Brands operates their (hundred or so) forums with a mostly hands-off approach. They take care of the technical side of things in producing and maintaining the actual websites, and obviously collect all the ad and vendor revenue those sites generate...But they leave the "people problem" conflicts in the hands of the admins of those individual forums.

In this specific situation, contacting CF admin Jim Willis (savewave) once your ban has lifted would be your best bet. This too is likely to fall on deaf ears, just saying he's going to be the one person tasked with addressing this particular complaint. You'll be most likely to receive a response if you can present him a calm, polite, and well-worded letter. Understand he will undoubtedly side with the moderator that made the decision to displace you, so don't expect your complaint alone to produce any real results...But given the likely scenario he's received numerous other complaints regarding said moderator already, that pile of hate mail might eventually become too large for him to ignore. It certainly can't hurt to add to that pile.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: