Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.4%

Thanked 11,567 Times in 5,704 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
Ive been told, I have commitment issues. I was very shy about taking out a mortgage. At 37 yo, a house became a neccessity. Paid it off in about 16 years. Best thing I ever did. Still refuse to get hitched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaks View Post
Which is why you were able to pay it off early.
Well, true it WAS the Wash DC region, Md. suburbs, but when some quart case ruled that a woman's income had to be counted same as a man's in mortgage qualifications the price of houses doubled in about two years......

THAT and other things happening, married/divorced/apts rents going up, the ex/kids mom and I decided to buy a NICE townhouse up the road.... made 20 grand in the two years we there....bought for 55 sold for 75, got tired of the commute, we married by then....went closer in with a single fam house in a good development, paid the 20k down, 1st was assumed at 20k, shelled out another 80 on a second trust..... so 120k when she left, she bought me outta the joint for 140k house worth near 200k......it shot up to 640 grand long about '07 or so, and stayed there, housing in the DC region never collapsed like the rest of the nation.....due to grossly overpaid dual income Fed employees making about 100 grand each on average.....

mrvette is offline   Reply With Quote