Old 08-11-2018, 9:33pm   #67
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,006 Times in 2,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
So. OP.....after all this drama, whatcha gonna do with the Exploder?

It's "make me an offer" on CL - (none yet ) right now - probably donate or have a junk yard pick it up.

I'm not sure how to deal with the title and transfer in that scenario. I did donate a vehicle about 10 years ago - but don't remember what the process was. I'm sure the donation entity knows what to do.

It's really too bad. Great truck. It was pretty funny last night using it for the gig. It was packed to the gills.

We've looked at three cars already - I expect we'll have the first car by next week. Then we will likely have the business likely buy a 5 year old vehicle with 60-70K miles on it.

That's the apex of depreciation. Lots of decent vehicles in that range. We will likely finance part of it to minimize cash outlay. Then likely pay it off faster as things get back to normal in terms of cash flow.

The entire challenge really is cash flow. It's been unsteady for about 5 years from medical crap. But it is getting better. It's a slow process. Self employment is not for the impatient.

As long as I can drive around it, getting rid of the Exploder is not priority. Getting the boy's car is first.

One thing I didn't mention is that part of the challenge is that my current credit union is cancelling all of it's commercial products. We've been operating with no line of credit for while.

I'm getting set up with a new bank for the company so I'm going to wait until that is settled before seeking any financing or whatever. The bank is extending me a line of credit and a high limit credit card.

Again, something only a business owner would understand. It's all cash plus timing.

They are a big CU - but only had 11 commercial accounts! WTF. We were one of them. What are the odds?
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote