Old 12-12-2023, 4:32pm   #70
Mick
A Real Barner
Activity: 50.4%

Thanked 7,220 Times in 3,198 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $12721

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
I'd be curious to see that the Hummer does for range at actual driving speeds, as opposed to whatever maximized EPA work they did.

I saw this review of the Tesla to solidify the point even more:

https://dongknows.com/tesla-model-y-...range-anxiety/

I knew the Tesla lost range at speed, but holy shit.

TL/DR

It sucks if you drive it at normal person speeds.

I guess this wouldn't matter if you're the type who takes mandatory safety breaks and hot food stops every hour, but I'm guessing the majority of the folks in here don't drive at 60mph down the highway.

As absolutely horrendous as the Tesla is, I'd be willing to bet the Hummer is actually worse. Even if you aren't going on longer road trips, range may become a limiting factor even around town. Might be something to look into.
I don't know what "MDX" the reviewer has, but if he is getting 15-20 mpg, there's something wrong with it. My wife has a 2014 MDX, and it gets great gas mileage for how big of a vehicle it is. Under ideal conditions, and if I keep the speed down to 70-75, it gets 30-32 mpg on the highway. On a hot summer day, when we are heading to the beach with the "Excargo" on the top, the cargo platform on the back, stuffed to the gills with luggage AC blasting etc., it still gets 27-28.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote