View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45am   #1
Toque
Charter Member
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1077
Default Aftermarket Seat owners - Color matching BLACK carpet for the feet of seat brackets.

Guys:

Ever since I installed my Corbeau A4's (and Corbeau seat brackets) I have been left with an empty spot around the mounting feet. Its a big bare floor "Silver" spot around all the mounting feet where there is no carpet. I have wanted to find some carpet or something to cover it up. The factory seat brackets have a plastic cover to cover this bare carpet area.

While reading the forums I found a post where he made his own partition and put carpet on it. I asked him if the color was close to factory and he said it was very close in color. He got it at Walmart for $9.

I went to Walmart Wed night and got some of this carpet. Its a little thinner than the factory carpet but the color is surprisingly perfect. I was surprised how close a match it was.

I lifted my seats, then cut 8x square pieces of this carpet (6"x6"), then cut a hole in the middle for the bolt to go thru. I was able to slip this carpet square under the existing carpet easily.

You can now barely see where the factory carpet ends and this carpet starts.

Gives it a "finished" look that I wanted. It matches ALOT better than the expensive Lloyd mats I have... seriously !

Walmart Item # 15524364 (under $9).

Hope this helps someone...

Toque

Toque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toque For This Useful Post: