Latin American Goat Roper
Barn Stall Owner #101
Bantayan Kids '13
Activity: 10.8%

Thanked 11,529 Times in 5,686 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1138393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAB View Post
nah, more a practical consideration. the dry air and intense sunshine really beat up wood doors...they have peeling paint, wood shrinkage (shrinkage is bad, very bad), rotting...all bad things, but not so with steel.

i think we are too far off the beaten path to worry about zombies, and we can see them coming from a fair distance away...plenty of time to sound the alarm.
I was going to post that HERE in good old damp/hot FLORIDA that even the sun is wet....and so steel doors RUST like mad if directly exposed to ANY splash from rain/gutters/floods/etc......and to boot the inner cores are mostly all chip/flake board....and swell up to expand the steel from inside, and you wooden belEEEEEEve the messes I have seen here doing remodeling....

another reason MY house is on a hill and masonry....

rainstorm just now, really heavy...uphill neighbor has a concrete back yard like I used to have in G'burg Md.....and so mine had a curb and free flow down hill to street, no sweat, this idiot has a curb in his back yard and then puts a GRATE over the only 4" drain pipe, and insists on putting it over there, of course those leaves from the useless trees matte over the drain then instead of just washing down with the water, and so.....it over flows and floods my atrium and washes 500 lbs of sand down my driveway vagina.....