Old 09-13-2019, 6:46pm   #1
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,005 Times in 2,777 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333
Default Almost met my maker last night

WTF.

I started having some abdominal pain last night around 4pm. Got up, figured I just was hungry and had some dinner - nothing heavy - just whitefish and rice. The pain got worse.

By 9pm I knew I needed to get to a hospital. From there things went downhill quickly. The pain reached a level I can only compare to the day after getting shot.

Apparently my blood pressure dropped and my O2 levels read 77 at one point and I kept passing out. One time (I heard later) I went out and lights started flashing and buzzers going off - next thing I know, there are five people picking me up in the sheet and everyone seemed like they were in a hurry. I stopped breathing for a few.

They gave me a shot of morphine and nothing. Steriods, fluids. Then two shots of hydromorphone (synthetic morphine) and I could finally see straight and stop writhing in pain.

Had a CAT scan - nothing. My Crohn's is flaring like a mother and they guess that my immune system went after a pocket of nerve endings. The thing is, in 14 years, this has never happened.

Scared the living shit out of me and the wife. Thankfully the kid stayed home.

I've got about 2-6 months to go for remission. (about 3-4 infusions). This shit is serious. I hope that was a one time thing.

Today I'm fine. Tired as hell. Giant WTF.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: