Barn Stall Owner #54
Barn Raising II,III

Bantayan Kids '13,'17
Activity: 5.4%

Thanked 6,920 Times in 2,621 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6027980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooool

But parents should not be allowed to teach things we know are bullshit. Telling kids things like that 4000 years ago humans walked along side T-Rex puts them at a competitive disadvantage when going for a secondary education. Ignorance should not be celebrated as a parental right.

You are a Doctor, would you have been accepted into medical school if you were taught what I posted in the beginning of this thread?
That's the great thing about being a parent. There is no licensing requirement. I would rather have an involved parent teach his or her kids something I know to be false than have one that dumps their spawn on the school system and expectsthe shit factory to turn out a silk purse from the sow's ear, and only shows up to claim an active interest in the failing school system when their little darling gets arrested for the fifth time on school grounds or flunks the 3rd grade reading test as a high school senior.

Who are you to decide what parents can teach their kids, anyway?

And as for your bullshit example about whether my personal beleif about the timing of dinosaurs vs humans on the planet might make me less competitive in the marketplace, you might be amazed to find out that THE SUBJECT NEVER CAME UP! Nor, I suspect, has it in any environment outside of a religious institution or an Internet forum.

I went to Furman for undergraduate school after coming out of the Knox County school system. Southern Baptist college, public schools. The religious background of the school hurt me not a whit. UT College of Medicine only cared how I could deal with what is known now, not how we got here.

By contrast, the beneficiaries of the liberal agenda (in this cae the preferential extension of benefits to a select group because they are members of a select group) did not fare so well there. The best (amongst many) that I witnessed was one classmate telling another "the test is biased against you." Six months later the speaker filed a discrimination complaint with the school because they flunked the OB/GYN rotation, despite the fact that they NEVER SHOWED UP TO TAKE THE FINAL EXAM!

Yeah, overall if the things you are taught by your parents interfere with your ability to be productive, at least you were taught instead of dispatched.
And by the way, any time you want to match the graduate quality of a private school system vs public in the same district, bring it on.
Loco Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loco Vette For This Useful Post: