Barn Stall Owner #7
Barn Raising I,II,IV

NCM Supporter '13,'14
Activity: 0.4%

Thanked 5,025 Times in 2,238 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $30682687

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmyvettes View Post
I ask you a question. And try to be as honest as you can. When did your busines start going down, really? I think I know the answer and I'm not saying it's Bush's fault. But, you can't pin it on Obama.
I wouldn't pin the economy crash on Obama, nor the democratic-majority congress that preceded him by 2 years.

The collapse was due to business, real estate, and financial sectors becoming incredibly overvalued. The proverbial bubble. It popped.

People knew it was coming for a long, long time. There was no stopping it, making money by trading money with money that doesn't exist cannot continue forever.

What people CAN complain about though, is how and why the Gov't feels the need to re-write law to prevent such situations from repeating. That's an outright slap in the face of free trade and capitalism, the very things this country NEEDS to thrive on to succeed as a whole.

As NEVERL8T alluded to, what happens when the CURRENT Gov't ceases supporting the current economy? You honestly believe it will continue on an upswing, or will reality set in, and things REALLY get bad?

All indicators point to this last "crash" was not anywhere close to rock-bottom. A temporary upswing is also not a recovery, the worst IS yet to come. The Gov't also has creditors, and one day they too will see what it's like to be denied further credit. You can only write worthless checks for so long, eventually debts need to be repaid.

And perhaps THAT is why people do not agree with the many wrongs our current Gov't is currently doing to us. They are not fixing anything, nor bailing anyone out, they are creating only more debt load on us. That debt will certainly trickle down to private corporation and the personal sector too. Much like the other bubbles, this one has no other destiny than to pop too.

Y2Kvert4me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Y2Kvert4me For This Useful Post: