Old 09-01-2011, 8:20am   #51
Joecooool
Barn Stall Owner #10
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,765 Times in 758 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8563902

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
No. By my logic it won't be attractive to employ Americans until it becomes financially beneficial. Again, you show that you have no comprehension of that simple fact. Your answer is what... force them to stay?? Yea, good luck with that.
Your argument holds no water as corporation in this country today are setting records for the profits they rake in here.

Quote:
As long as businesses are forced to pay union workers 10 times what they should make,
Ten times what they SHOULD make? Clearly you can provide many examples of this.

Quote:
forced to pay health care, Forced to pay unemployment, and the other infinite mandated spending, forced to pay to the point that a minimum wage worker costs them WAY more than the value add, business here will not be profitable.
No company is forced to hire anyone. American businesses are extremely profitable right now with the current regulations in place.

Quote:
Yet you Liberals for some reason can't figure this out. They are the "evil corporations" and should be dealt with accordingly.
Corporations are not "evil". They just don't give a shit (with very few exceptions) about their employees. They answer to their share holders who are only interested in profits even at the direct expense of the workers. Explain to me why a wealthy share holder should have the ability to influence corporate management to cut back on employee benefits so they can put even more money in their pockets. Explain to me why wealthy share holders can tell management to reduce staff, middle class Americans who support their families and pay income taxes so they can take in more capital gains taxed at a measly 15%. Why do the share holders have all the rights?

Quote:
Let's take GE again for example. (all numbers are for example only, but close to reality). It takes a total of 4 man hours to assemble a refrigerator. The union line workers make $40 an hour + another 25% of that in benefits, health care, etc. Material cost = $300 per unit. Of course you have to use overseas suppliers because the American ones can't be competitive thanks to these same forced expenditures. Tooling cost = $50/unit (divided over total made). You still haven't counted in manufacturing space, tooling, R&D costs, marketing, logistics, etc, etc, etc, much less taxes.
Your numbers are bullshit, but even if true they sell the shit out of said refrigerators. If they didn't, they would still make them.

Quote:
At the same time, you have an economy in the shitter so while you are being forced to increase spending, you are also selling LESS product at a lower price.
You act like there are new regulations out there that are forcing major corporations to spend more money now. What new labor / tax laws have changed? Businesses today pay less in taxes as a percentage of GDP since 1936. Did you not even bother to read the article I posted above? You have bought the bullshit propaganda corporate lobbyist and Faux News has put out hook line and sinker.

Quote:
Your solution is really to raise taxes and force them to increase spending??
My solution is to close the tax loop holes, stop rewarding companies that renounce their American heritage, and penalize the shit out of any company that moves its work force off American soil.

Quote:
Are you really too oblivious to see what this does to businesses?
Are you really too oblivious to see what businesses have done to the American middle class?

Quote:
The only way this economy will get better is to expand businesses. Contrary to your beliefs, you can't force them to grow with government regulations. Thinking you can is just plain ignorant.
Yet Canada, Germany, Australia, all have far more regulations on their businesses and much higher actual taxes and all of them are functioning just fine. They have universal health care too.

Quote:
...and saying that we need to go to the conditions of India and China is, well...
Again, by your logic.

Quote:
Based on posts like this, I'm truly amazed that you manage to wake up in the morning and take a piss without the government telling you how many times you have to shake it.
And I'm amazed that you don't tell your employer you make too much and don't really need your health benefits.
Joecooool is offline   Reply With Quote