Barn Raising I,II
NCM Supporter '13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'21
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 33,029 Times in 14,167 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17500122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
Thanks! I ordered the "D" spring you had recommended in an earlier post of mine, just need to schedule some quiet time to install it. I'll get the mag release & do it all at once, I guess.

At the same time, I'm going to trace, measure, etc., the grips with the long-term intention of making some wood grips. With your woodworking skills, have you ever done any? Seems like it could be a tedious, but rewarding, small project.
long ago i tried to make some 1911 grips out of some exotic wood scraps. not worth the effort. i think the 92 would have the same result.

Beretta offers some nice wood grips on their website, and lately i've been favoring the VZ grips for the 92 and 1911. checkering is fine for me, they have other patterns too, and the G10 material can be had in lots of colors, so pick one you like. they don't wear out like walnut or rosewood.

hammer spring swap is way easy. there is a trick to the mag release, the far end goes in first, not the button end. and then it just snaps in, and you wonder "why does everyone have trouble with this?" this was easy.

i might have a "few" Berettas.....cough.....
DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAB For This Useful Post: