Old 01-22-2021, 8:02pm   #41
Nox
A Real Barner
Activity: 1.1%

Thanked 1,684 Times in 636 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $7601

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_daniels View Post
Edit: More recently, I had a contractor leave a card on the door. My neighbor's son joined the Army, and he wanted to ask me about the neighbors, generally I guess. By the time I called him back, he said he'd talked to a couple of my other neighbors and didn't need anything from me.
True story: One time I was coming home and was walking up the driveway when I saw two suits knocking on my front door. Quickly sizing up the situation, I did an about face and was starting to slink away, but I was too far up the drive and they saw me... One of them yelled at me and commanded me to stop. I kept walking. They told me to stop again, so I slowly turned around and was looking for an exit.

They asked if I lived there and wanted to talk to me. When my answers weren’t really forthcoming, they kind of looked at each other like, “what’s this guy’s problem?” Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, they said, “Look, your neighbor applied for a .Gov job and we need to do a clearance...” Immediately, I was like, “Oh... why didn’t you just say so?” Without identifying myself, I told them I’d never met him and didn’t know a thing about him. They looked at each other with a look of, “This fool is just a waste of our time, let’s go..”

Fast forward about six months and who do I run into in an office walking down the hall? It’s Frick and Frack..

“****ing figures...” one of them mutters under his breath.
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post: