View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 6:12pm   #13
boracayjohnny
A Real Barner
Activity: 28.6%

Location: Out back of Victory Over America Palace, Baghdad while throwing chicken bones.
Thanked 8,051 Times in 3,902 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1317070

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camfrk View Post
I agree. Let them have at it. If we stay there 100 years, we will not have accomplished a damn thing. I hate it for the Kurds, but they should have known this was coming at some point. We won't fix ANY part of the middle east ever. I felt from the very beginning, that Iraq was a terrible idea. Anyone with a pea for a brain knew what was going to happen, but W needed to get even for his Daddy since Saddam put a hit out on him. I'm sure Cheney got plenty rich too since damn near every contractor over there is tied to Haliburton. Johnny, we definitely got to participate in it, but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what America has gotten for the 8 trillion wasted over in all those countries, and still spending. Those people don't want things to be fixed. They have no value on human life, and are plenty happy killing each other right up until the point they have a common enemy. IE:us...
What did we get? Biden's brother got a $150M contract to build houses in Iraq. I'd heard of that back in '10 but it was just barracks lawyers so I didn't have any proof. It turns out that shit was true. Go figure, the barracks lawyers were actually right for once. More, plenty of others got fat paychecks. Shit, the US even sent plane loads of cash....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1

More about houses in Iraq. To build $150M of houses in Iraq would be amazing. My guesstimate would be replacing all of Baghdad.
boracayjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boracayjohnny For This Useful Post: