Barn Stall Owner #55
Island14 Cardio Team
Activity: 7.6%

Location: A sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory
Thanked 9,192 Times in 4,365 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C7NIC View Post
No he hasn't, super excited. Going with his twin brother and their sons.

Send me some recipes! Hoping it is good some way other than fried. Don't mind frying some but not a fan of fried food too often.

Hubs had me clean out the freezer in the garage, is convinced he is bringing home a shit ton of fish.

Funny story, my husband had never been fishing (from a boat), mostly due to he gets severe motion sickness.

I took him on his 1st fishing trip with a private Charter and prescribed him the Transderm scopolamine patch..... he was hooked! Pun intended.

Next time we went on one of those big boats that has like 20 people on it, he again had his patch on and it was rough seas. Even the regulars were blowing chunks and he was happily fishing away. The deck hands were like how the fuq is this guy not losing his lunch.
Best Striper I've ever had. They call it Rockfish in the Chesapeake. It's pretty simple except that you need a wok full of oil.

Gut the fish and scale. You can remove fins if you desire. Cross hatch down to the bones. Just a little salt and pepper. Dry and dust the fish with rice flour. Fry on each side in the wok.

Serve with a Thai chili lime sauce, some fresh cilantro and thinly sliced purple onion'

Dipping sauce:

2 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane grater
1/2 cup fish sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 to 4 red Thai chilis, finely minced (or 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek crushed fresh chili sauce)
1/4 cup finely minced cilantro
1/4 cup finely sliced scallions

Striper is a really tasty fish that doesn't need much help, but I love the Thai version.
ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post: