Rodnok1
A Real Barner
Activity: 53.2%

Thanked 23,934 Times in 9,940 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $315482
Default Tick Paralysis

Anyone have experience with this?
Cliffs: doggo may have had it.

My husky had what I believe to be tick paralysis couple weeks ago. He went to get up and just couldn't get back legs to really work, he has minor hip issue time to time so didn't think much of it. Laid him over and moved legs around, everything seemed normal or so I thought, nothing clicked, no locked joints, no pain or anything. Gave me a look like... Uhhh that didn't work lemme try standing again and just couldn't. Kinda like when your drunk and try and stand up and fail(Rikki told me that happens).
Figured he had a hitch in his get up so helped him stand and he went outside as normal, threw a leg up and watered a tree. Made him sleep on foam bed(he hates it as gets hot), He was shaky and not wanting to move around much the next day but he's old and if hip figured day or two he'd be better.
That night found 2 large swollen ticks right on spine about where hips start. Removed completely and cleaned area as usual, we can't put prevention stuff on him as he's super sensitive about the chemicals in them so we do daily at most every 2 day fles and tick checks. He would have got tick check the first night but didn't want to roll him around so tick must have been on for a day or two and must have missed them the previous night.
Anyway took a few days but he went back to normal, didn't hit me until a day or two later what it could have been. No other symptoms at the time just a weakness it seemed in legs.
No idea what kind of tick as we have dog and deer ticks here.
Thanks for reading. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
Rodnok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rodnok1 For This Useful Post: