Chemtrails99
A Real Barner
Activity: 7.6%

Thanked 1,356 Times in 530 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodnok1 View Post
I remember that stupidity they tried.
Tried? Its the way they still operate. NBC pay the IOC for ALL rights to the Games. They use only their employees to cover the event, or subcontractors. They decide what and how much gets aired. Internationally they do the same thing, because they own the world wide rights. If you see someplace providing full coverage of an individual sport, they paid to do so. In addition, they create "Packages" of sports they consider no value and sell them. I think Fencing. Shooting and Archery were bundled in 1996. They force the price higher saying, "But you get THREE sports!" when you only care about one.

In 1996 they decided to not film ANY Fencing, saying they didn't have enough cameras to do so. But it was literally in the same building as Gymnastics at the other end of the room. Which, of course, had more cameras than any other event to cover it.

I think most of the new BS sports that have been added got there with backing from NBC. If it looks like people might watch it, they sell more advertising. Like everything else, the Media has ruined the Olympics.
Chemtrails99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chemtrails99 For This Useful Post: