Goldilocks
Barn Stall Owner #905

Bantayan Kids '13,'15
Activity: 0%

Thanked 16,607 Times in 7,133 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1009320

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO View Post
Rather than starting another thread, I'm going to piggyback on this one.,,,,,?
I couldn't accurately answer this one with a gun to my head but I'll have a go regardless.

You know what I've found about H-D owners? They're loyal bastards. You get to chatting with a guy and he'll almost always tell you about the great deal he got at "****nuts Harley-Davidson over on 10th street. They get all my business" Full disclosure; I've got a bit of this mentality myself. I've been doing business with a dealer for 15+ years that's 40 miles from my home when I have one 9 miles away.

How about advertising? When I walk into a H-D dealership I expect to see one thing; H-D. There won't be a Ducati here and a Kawasaki over there. In other words, they don't have to spend any money advertising a heavy cruiser - but maybe you do? (or are) Does the market know you have these bikes?

Another thing about the current H-D owner/buyer; They don't know shit about motorcycles. Harley is as much about ****in' fashion these days as it is about riding. Need proof? Look at the Road King with 6,700 miles on it. Someone purchased that scooter, probably had a couple close calls on the road and decided this motorcycling thing ain't for them. How does this tie into your inability to move those bikes? Perhaps they don't trust anyone *other* than a H-D dealership because they think there is some magic pixie dust required to Harley ownership when it comes to these heavy cruisers.

All this is married to cost. Take the '17 Road King you have for sale. The current market for that bike is probably $17k -$18k or thereabouts. That's a lot of scratch for what's essentially a toy and if you don't realize there isn't anything special about a Road King you're gonna want to purchase that from a 'trusted' dealer. The jump from $10k to $17k is a big one on a toy.

These are just some things that immediately come to mind right or wrong. Maybe when your customers comes in to kick tires ask them how they heard about your place. If you can get a sense as to who your reaching and how, perhaps you can make some adjustments to expand that reach.

What the **** do I know. I weld pipe.
Giraffe (He/Him) is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Giraffe (He/Him) For This Useful Post: