View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 1:29pm   #28
RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 42.4%

Thanked 7,739 Times in 3,446 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

H-D couldn't give them away last year. They can't keep them on the floor this year.

But here's the catch.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with H-D. People are buying literally any motorcycle they can find at absolutely stupid dollars. H-D has a slight advantage in that they can roll people into those asinine HDFS loans. People don't even care. The Ducati 1198 and 1098 that I posted in a thread recently both sold within a single day of being listed... each was listed at 25% over NADA book. I rarely have bikes in stock for more than a week, even at absolutely insane prices when compared to "normal". Used bikes in many cases are selling for more than the original MSRP.

In short, H-D dealers are selling because some of them actually have something to sell.

My shop is in the middle of a pack of dealers. The factory Yamaha/KTM/Suzuki dealer has 4, yes 4 bikes as of yesterday. The largest Honda dealer in the area has 5 bikes, all of which are the crap nobody actually wants. I just watched HD dealers fighting at an auction to buy HDs at over RETAIL book prices.

This market is absolutely insane.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedLS1GTO For This Useful Post: