Thanked 9,234 Times in 4,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $23236

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 View Post
I might still have it.

I know I still have this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvette View Post
Funny as hell, this thread pops up, just a day late......a neighbor is moving further south after some 35 years here......and so he/wife cleaning out house and gave us some old ancient video tapes....commerical made, and about SEX......since all the old VHS players are long since gawn.....I just pitched them in the trash yesterday, and picked up this afternoon.......

so I don't know who/what they were about, oh well.....

and I gave away two 8' stacks of LP albums near 20 years ago......because later recordings were much easier and cleaner to listen to.....then maybe ten years later ditched another 4' of them......used to have a stereo hobby......built my own back in the 60's....speakers too......went from vacuum tube amps/preamps/control units to first of transistors.....and even into chips for a short while.....got outta making my own shit, and went into top of the line FINE sound REproduction work....

McIntosh was the brand.....I knew Frank and Don father/son.....

met/knew Gene Cerwynski.......Cerwin/Vega fame too.....

As well as Avery Fisher....of Fisher stereo fame.....

my sister is age 90 now, married a musicologist she went to screwal with....he was head of recorded sound/preservation division of Library of Conngress Wash DC, next door to Conngress.......I used to visit the labs and witness the sound preservation work going on.......one thing to stick a book on a shelf in a temp/humidity controlled library....but quite another to preserve recorded sound so it don't become all shitty/scratchy/faded sounding with age, due to plastic/magnetic/tape/platter age deterioration.....today I suspect it's a lot more easy because it can be digitized and flipped over VERY fast.....not like playing a series of 2 hours of some Beethoven concert and trying to store the platter/LP on to a tape......

ALL platters deteriorate in the paper albums they come in.....
I'm still going through many 30+ year old boxes. I have yet to open the LP/Cassette/Music boxes. But, I did find this today... May need to go full-on hipster. Stand by.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1402.jpg  

IMG_1403.jpg  

ZipZap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZipZap For This Useful Post: