Old 11-21-2023, 5:36pm   #23
SnikPlosskin
Barn Stall Owner #93
Activity: 2.5%

Thanked 9,006 Times in 2,778 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $24717333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink View Post
Take your shot, if some songwriter can make a hit from "Muskrat Love" the song will be a standout.

When talking rockabilly then Stray Catz front man then Brian Setzer is the man - I don't think he gets nearly enough credit as a musician.....

How BB King gets so much mileage out of the small "blues Box" on the fretboard is phenomenal..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzvdMqI-XQg
Brian is badass. Go look up Gene Vincent.

Edit: just listened to that video. Woof, what a mess.

One would think those guitarists, arguably the greatest of all time would have enough sense to STOP ****ING PLAYING when they aren’t up. Jebus. If I did that, I’d never play in this town again. If anybody on my stage does that, they won’t play with me again either.

I did a clinic breaking down BB Kings style years ago. He is a great example of someone with limited formal knowledge but incredible feel and phrasing. Plus he sings and plays with every fiber of his being 100% of the time.

If you study what he is playing you will see that he literally plays the same riffs all the time. But it’s his vibrato, his subtle bends, his stage presence, his smile - it’s the entire package. He is so inspiring especially for those of us who can’t play at super sonic speed. He never plays too much or too little. Only exactly what the song requires. No more, no less.

He also never plays and sings at the same time. Like NEVER.

He also kicked me out of one of his shows. So I got that going for me.
SnikPlosskin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnikPlosskin For This Useful Post: