View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:56am   #156
Cobra4B
Charter Member
Activity: 0.3%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Joe View Post
Instructor huh??? How much does it cost to learn?
Check out NASA Mid Atlantic: Welcome to NASA Mid Atlantic

The next regional event I'm attending is VIR end of July. There's one at Summit Point this weekend (Hyperfest), but I'm going to run Road Atlanta with the NASA South East crew.

Here's the actual registration for the event: National Auto Sport Association - nasaproracing.com

It's $374 for the weekend (seems like just yesterday it was $250!), but you get 3-4 30 minsession on track per day, a full-time instructor who rides with you and multiple classroom sessions. To say it's addicting is an extreme understatement. One neat benefit of NASA is that there are multiple races over the weekend to watch... more exciting that a regular HPDE group where it's just all driving school with nothing to watch.

Too many people think they need to do this and that to their cars before they can try an HPDE... no way... just make sure the brake pads have good life, you have fresh fluid and get a helmet and come enjoy. The car in stock form is way more capable than you and you'll be so overwhelmed having a blast and learning new things that you won't stress the car at all.

My student at VIR in February didn't finish his Mustang project and came out in a Pontiac G6 rental! He had a blast... we were catching a new ZR1 in the truns

Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote