RedLS1GTO
C4 Mod
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 44.6%

Thanked 7,732 Times in 3,442 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $19752494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
Yeah I researched C4s for about 5 minutes before I realized a C5 was the better option. When the C4 racers on the forums tell you to start with a C5 you listen
Don't get me wrong... the C4 is a great car and I have a fraction of the cost invested that it would take to make a comparably fast C5. Other than a few issues that needed to be sorted out (no more than any other car) it has been absolutely rock solid. As a track day car only, I would honestly take my C4 over a C5 any day of the week. It is easier to fix, cheaper to fix, very reliable, and IMO more fun to drive. It also gets a hell of a lot more attention than the dozens of C5s running around that all look the same. People are constantly wanting to go for a few laps in it. I have spent 3 years at the track, counting replacement parts/tires for about the same amount as I would have had invested in a close to stock C5Z that would be nowhere near as fast/fun. I have a car, for less than $20k that runs laps that are pretty much identical to a close to stock C6Z (when we are on the same tires). It is pretty hard to complain about that. All that is fine and dandy for track days and was the perfect steping stone... but that isn't where I want to be now.

The lessons that I was talking about were in relation to the competition aspect and building a car to a specific class rather than to take an already built car and try to find it a home.
RedLS1GTO is offline   Reply With Quote