Iron Chef
Barn Stall Owner #1
Barn Raising I, II
NCM Supporter '11, '12
Activity: 2.9%

Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,906 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2299270
Default Bunch Of Damn Whiners

You guys really amaze me. All you do is bitch about how kids these days are idiots, can’t think, can’t work, snowflakes, millenials, blah blah blah. Along comes the Girl Scouts...good kids selling cookies to raise money for their Troop and actually do some good, and that’s not good enough for you either. Now they’re accosting you because they’re basically asking for help. POLITELY. And somehow their cause has suddenly become less worthy because they won’t hoof it down your street. So by all means don’t help them out. Really award winning logic there.

And complaining about the cost of the cookies? Seriously? We’re on a friggin’ CORVETTE forum. Many of us drive “toys” costing north of $60,000 and you’re bitching about the cost of a box of cookies? Has it occurred to any of you that it really isn't about the cookies? As our old Scoutmaster explained: "It's really like a gift they give you when you donate to public television." Girl Scouts do not receive funding from the National Level and around 70% of the cost of the box of cookies goes to the local council.

My son was in Scouting for 11 of his first 18 years and is an Eagle Scout. Part of the reason he became the outstanding person he is today is due in no small part to what he learned and experienced in Boy Scouts. I can’t believe that Girl Scouts would be any different.

I don’t buy the cookies because I don’t eat a lot of sugar. But whenever I see the kids out there in front of the store, Girl or Boy Scouts, I always peel off a few dollars and give it to them as a donation. It’s the least I can do and I look at it as an investment in this country’s future.

Keebler didn't win anything. In fact, it's us who lost.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Iron Chef For This Useful Post: