View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 11:37am   #20
09CTSV
Charter Member
Barn Raising II,III
Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,686 Times in 652 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2106426

Two things I normally do when purchasing a car, do the negotiating over the web via email and then when I do arrive I bring both sets of keys. One for them to try and play the game and the other to leave with. I forgot to get the second FOB when I left for work in the morning.
This is the same dealer trying to shove a used 2018 M5 down my throat, rattle in the rear, tint on windows, deep scratches on the paint and a funny noise from the turbo's when it is started. Not impressed at all with how the car looked for 10 months old and 20K on the clock. Told them as much and the became defensive when pushed to have it Certified Pre Owned, the exhaust had been changed out, rims changed to the black vs polished, grills changed out, debadged car.
The next hit was taking an Audi RS5 for a test drive, rode like shit. You could tell the penny in the road was heads, the date and mint location of it. I noticed an error when we were leaving the parking lot, of course the sales person has to drive it off the lot according to them for their insurance. BS Flag on that on. Well when it was my turn to drive I notice the warning and scrolled thru to see a problem with the suspension. I suspect they did not take the spaces from shipping out and it was causing an alarm. When asked about it again, they said it was in the shop.
As far as being put off by one dealer, I tried a second one which had the Q8 optioned the way I liked it. When I called on it, I was told that it was the sales manager's Demo and they could locate one for me. Three tries to locate and all were optioned wrong. When asked about the one they have I was told it was in the shop, never got the photo's I asked for of the interior. So two strikes and I would try something else.
Regardless if I bought the car elsewhere, I'd still need service at this location. I wouldn't trust them to change the blinker fluid.
The absolute best experience I've ever had was the purchase of both the M3 and X5M. The X5 was done via email, never stepped foot in the dealership until I signed the paperwork about a week before going to SC to pick it up from the performance center. The M3 was relatively the same way, took a week to ship it from another dealer but a very smooth transaction.

My father and brother both switched from GM products to Chrysler. My father can't be happier about the Pacifica they bought. My brother has put over 90K on his truck in about three years and has one issue which was resolved quickly. Others I know with Dodges/Jeep/Ram's have had similar experiences with them. Others with GM products have experiences like mine.
Everyone gets a bad product from time to time, it is how the dealership reacts to the problem which sets the stage. I went a month with no radio in the V. I figured out the secret getting it work only to have it crap out again yesterday.

Pretty piss poor Cadillac's halo car and the dealer manages to screw it up. The same dealer who left the oil fill cap off after an oil change only to discover it 6 weeks later when it was back in for service.

I might want to kick myself in the rear for getting a Jeep if the deal goes thru but I'll take my chances for the first time in my life with a Dodge product.
09CTSV is offline   Reply With Quote