Millenium Vette
Barn Stall Owner #101
GTMS ‘18
Activity: 7.9%

Thanked 2,682 Times in 1,544 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $6269655

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CTSV View Post
....This was at an Audi Dealership, they also sell BMW, Mercedes and VW. Needless to say all those brands are off the list of potential cars now.....

....40 minutes wait.... Another sales jerk comes up and asks what I'm doing sitting at his desk. I explained and he rudely said he had work to do and needed his desk....

....Now compare this to the Dodge dealer, polite, courteous, did a follow up call and the dealership sent a follow up thank you letter for stopping in and inquiring. All I got from the Audi dealership was follow up emails telling me how much time the salesperson had invested with me and it is a great deal and they didn't mean to offend me etc...
Audi really would not like their dealer representing them that way. May I suggest an email to one of their executives at USA headquarters?

Chances are that whole shitty group will be gone from that Audi dealership within a couple of months anyways, however one more letter to headquarters might move it along. What happens is the dealership hires a manager who doesn't fit, they bring their asshole buddies along to sell and the whole thing goes to shit. The high-line import customer will NOT put up with it and will drive to the next town who sells the line and buy from them. Even domestics are clamping down on these types of tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
I could swear I read a similar story on another forum a while back. Is it customary in the US for dealers to hold customers hostage by confiscating their car keys so they can't leave?

WTF?

Why did they have your keys??????
They have your keys so they can appraise your trade. It's an old trick and not even a good one. In my years in the business I only had one sales manager who did it. I flat out refused to do it, said fire me if it's a problem, he promptly backed down. Potential customers notice it right away and it puts them on edge. It just shows how weak a salesman is if he has to resort to tactics like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
I've had maybe one good car buying experience in my years. It was at a fixed-price dealer, & there was no BS involved. Prices were competitive, & we left & went back a few times before buying, with no pressure, no phonecalls at home, etc.
I despise the whole car buying process in general.
The problem with the one price model is everyone leaves without buying and maybe 5-10% come back and buy. Dealerships don't survive on numbers like that. You have to sell them a car before they leave or they are gone forever.
Millenium Vette is offline   Reply With Quote