LilRedCorvette
A Real Barner
Activity: 6.5%

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,393 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $3016342
Unhappy Cosmo's sister passed today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette View Post
It is good to have a place to share this kind of loss with others who have also gone through it and understand exactly what it feels like. Most of my friends/people around me aren't really 'dog' people per se, so outside of here and my monthly pet loss support group, I'm kind of flying solo on this grief airplane.

I lost my beloved 12 yr old Boxer Cosmo on 11/3/18, thread posted here: https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/...d.php?t=117759

Other Boxers I have lost before the era of digital photos:
Bo
Bobo
Casey
Oliver
Rindy

Doggies I have dogsat that I became very close with:
Pogo (Dorgi - Dachshund/Corgi mix)
Anya (Schutzhund-trained German Shepherd)

The person who runs the pet loss support group has well over 40 years experience as a therapist, including her work with hospice...and still says that the pet loss therapy work is the most difficult of all.

My heart is still irretrievably broken. But I am comforted a bit by the thought that each day that passes is another day closer to reuniting at the Rainbow Bridge.
I am saddened to add to this thread again so soon...Clara (Cosmo's sister), had to be euthanized this AM. Very, very bad seizure this time around.

Clara and Cosmo, who I came to know since they were very young, belonged to a fellow automotive enthusiast friend of mine who went into the hospital for surgery but unexpectedly didn't make it out (ref thread above)...his family found us, and we adopted them and took care of them in his absence.

Mike, you have both your Boxer babies with you up in heaven now ...but we're all heartbroken down here. We hope you'll share them both with us at the Rainbow Bridge when it's our time.

Clara Belle
8/16/08 - 6/4/19
Attached Thumbnails
ClaraDeck.jpg  

LilRedCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LilRedCorvette For This Useful Post: