Barn Stall Owner #14
Barn Raising II,III Chef

NCM Supporter '11,'12,'13,'14,'15,'16,'17,'20
Bantayan Kids '13,'14,'15,'17
Ukranian Famers are the modern day Chuck Norris
Activity: 1.4%

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,475 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $17601606

The building is happening and the chainsaw operator is busy cutting us trees. I am witness to 10 houses being built from the donated money. Some of the other funds are being used to buy more trees and just provide lumber to some people and some have trees and just asked if we will pay the saw to cut their trees that they have.

I am not sure how to even explain the amount of destruction here. Many of the trees are all broken in half and houses completely destroyed. However, the people are all smiling and know that life will go on. The noise a coconut tree makes when the saw man cuts it down is loud, but imagine thousands of them falling around you and not knowing if you are about to be hit.

I really am at a loss for words here. All I know is that the ones I have met and lumber we have delivered has brought not only smiles to the people being helped, but also tears to my own eyes. I don't know if a picture can even capture their happiness.

YOU All made this happen! And we have been letting them know that they have friends in the US and CAN that are happy to help.

Tonight is a Tanduay night. Pray for me.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rob For This Useful Post: