Thread: Dental Hell
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 5:35pm   #1
Will
Barn Stall Owner #15
Fantasy Football Champ '11,'13,'17
Activity: 0%

Location: Somewhere between mild insanity and complete psychosis.
Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,241 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $1050381
Thumbs down Dental Hell

A couple months ago started having discomfort in a bottom left molar when eating. If food caught it the right way, discomfort. Went to a local dentist. Diagnosed with a small cavity in that tooth, as well as a small cavity in the very back one on that side as well that wasn't bothering me.

Eat carefully for a month, have my appointment for fillings 2 weeks ago, get them filled.

Couple days later, problems. Pain. Went back to dentist last week. Filling in very back tooth (the one that wasn't bothering me in the first place) had completely failed/come out. It gets redone.

Couple days later, PROBLEMS. My jaw/check were sore as all hell, probably from 2 weeks in a row of getting stabbed with needles, and once that finally subsided I could tell I had tooth issues again, but could feel fillings still there.

Went back today. SAME back filling is allegedly the issue. X-Ray showed a void. Saw a different dentist at the same office, recommended against 3rd filling because of location & other issues, and a crown instead. So I ended up unexpectedly spending a few hours (and a few hundred out of pocket) in the chair this afternoon getting prepped for a crown and getting a temporary crown placed. Goes without saying that I got stabbed in the same cheek with needles for the 3rd week in a row.

UGH. I pray to God this finally solves the problem and after the soreness in my mouth/jaw from getting stabbed repeatedly subsides, I have no more pain because of my back tooth. Which wasn't ever bothering me in the 1st place.

First time ever with cavities. I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON I PROMISE TO FLOSS TWICE DAILY FROM NOW ON AND ALSO I BOUGHT AN ELECTRIC BRUSH.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote