khblair
Barn Stall Owner #57
Activity: 0%

Location: The original point & click interface was a Smith & Wesson
Thanked 1,509 Times in 1,206 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $8632322

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
just got home from the mechanic, freaking sons car sounds like its a hot rod, he blew of the spark plug, crap, crap, crap
hepefully this wont put me in the poor house
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Eagle View Post
My buddy had a 1999 Grand Am...and he was super anal about changing the oil every 3K miles because it was a high mileage engine..one day starting hearing a knocking noise...and you know what that means...engine was toast...he had no idea it was going through oil like that...in between one oil change it was just gone...it wasn't obvious or going out the tailpipe...not sure how it happened but he was pissed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A View Post
well it seems as though since it has aluminum heads the spark plug just popped out, the mechanic said he maybe able to rethread it, and put somekind of , yea then i diidnt really understand it all, but hopefully he said it can be 98% ok
Quote:
My first vehicle was a 2000 GMC Sonoma...my first year with it...I had to replace the entire front end...I went to a shop to get an alignment and they said..."ummm...sir...everything underneath there is loose...we could charge you for an alignment, but it won't hold past you getting out of our drive way."

Dad paid for my truck...he said that bill was on me...$1,200...blech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues View Post
Its called a time sert. Kinda like a Helicoil but tapered
don't let em tell ya it needs a head .. plugs pop out all the time. on engines ,and the time sert is the fix
Quote:
While we are on the subjects of cars/engines and spark plugs....We have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L 80k miles....It starts and then you can hear it cut out...it keeps running but acts like it hiccups...could it be fouled plugs...

Don't think its bad gas...just all of a sudden happened. We haven't checked the plugs in awhile...so was wonderin' what y'all thought as to what the problem could be.
my DD needs an alignment and i have a coupon for a free alignment........... thats all i got