View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 3:47pm   #18
c6vetteinhouston
Vette Barn Crew
Activity: 0%

Gameroom Barn Bucks: $2184

I smoke briskets often. What I have learned and have done a lot of research and tests. I have great coffee wet rub. I trim the fat cap to just about 1/4 inch think. Then, cross cut the fat cap like a checker board squares. I rub the coffee wet rub all over the brisket on both sides. Wrap and place in the fridge over night. I take it out the next morning about an hour before I smoke. Once the grill is ready, I take the brisket out of the wrap, throw on the grill, in direct heating of course, and close the lid. After about an hour, I mop it with a mixture of beef stock, about 1/4 cup of Wishishere (sp) sauce, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I mop every 45 minutes. After smoking for about 4 hours, I take it off the grill, wrap it in aluminum foil and pour in about 1/2 cup of the mop sauce, seal the foil then and cook in the oven at 350 degrees until done. To me, done is when I can take a tooth pick and slide it in the thickest part of the brisket and it slides in easy and come out easy with a very very light tug on the toothpick as I am slowly removing it.
c6vetteinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote