Barn Stall Owner #7734

Bantayan Kids '15
Activity: 75.5%

Thanked 33,756 Times in 13,678 Posts
Gameroom Barn Bucks: $107478

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus View Post
Fuel Pump go out?
That' is an amazing guess and a possibility.

This engine has only 3500 miles on it. I hope it's not anything major.

Drove it to work a few days and one morning in traffic, I accelerated and heard the valves clacking to beat the band. I thought it may have a timing issue. Drove it very easy. No heavy foot, nothing to upset the engine until I could spend some time investigating.

Two days ago I stopped at a store near my office and when I came out, it didn't want to start. It was chugging black smoke like a locomotive as I turned the key. I had to let the starter keep spinning the engine faster and faster while it tried to start and it eventually did. I let it idle a couple minutes and finished my drive to work.
That evening, it drove fine, but the SES light came on. I drove home since all gauges were normal.

Next morning, no light. Drove fine. Last night it drove fine. Still no SES. I exited the highway, drove a few miles and caught a red light. When it turned green, I stepped on the gas and it shut off. I could not get it to start unless I had the pedal to the floor and then I had to keep gunning it and it did that old "Fooob fooob foob" sound and stalled. I managed to cough and sputter and goose it to a closed business and that was that. No more starting no matter what.
Aerovette is offline   Reply With Quote